Choosing to take a Chimpanzee Safari during your Safari in Uganda is among the most exciting adventure activities you can enjoy in the country.
An opportunity toTrek the chimpanzees within their natural habitat is a very unique and thrilling experience which you will not be able to enjoy in any other part of the world except the jungles of Uganda.
Scientifically it has been proved that chimpanzees share over 95% of their DNA with man, so having an opportunity to spend time in the presence of the chimps observing them play, feed, care for their young; is a very unique encounter.
Chimpanzee trekking takes between 2 to 4 hours depending on how fast you find the chimpanzees, however there is a longer chimpanzee habituation experience which involves following the chimps from early in the morning when they leave their nests to late in the evening when they nest for the following night.
Our Uganda chimpanzee trekking Safaris and chimpanzee habituation experience are led by well skilled guides who will detail you on all necessary information you need to know about the playful great apes
Interesting facts about Chimp Tracking in Uganda
- Kibale forest has the highest number of chimpanzees across East Africa; however chimp tracking can be conducted in Kyambura Gorge in Queen Elizaneth National park, Kalinzu Forest, Budongo forest and Semiliki National
- Chimpanzee Tracking Safaris are led by experiences and well trained guides that have a 90% success-rate of finding the chimps in the forest.
- Only persons with a chimpanzee tracking permit are allowed to track chimpanzees in Uganda.
- Chimpanzee tracking is done in groups of 8 people per group for chimpanzee conservation purposes
- During this activity you have a great chance of seeing other primates such as the colobus monkeys and vervet monkeys.
Price of A Chimpanzee Tracking Permit In The Different Sites Uganda
|Site||Cost in Peak Season||Cost Off-Peak Season|
|Kyambura Gorge (Queen Elizabeth NP)||$50||$50|
|Kibale Forest Park||$150||$100|
|Budongo Forest (Near Murchison Falls NP)||$83||$83|
|Semiliki Primate Walk||$30||$30|
|Chimpanzee Habituation (Kibale NP)||$220||$220|